Monday 26 May 2014

Getting Fit & Weight Loss


The left photo is of me three weeks ago and the right one is me currently, wow. I am doing it.  So three month ago I had the 'Depo Provera' injection, this choice led me to gain two stone, yes two stone in three month! Three weeks ago my clothes no longer fit, I wore black and didn't want to go anywhere, weight change can shatter self esteem and confidence in an instant.  It was time I changed my lifestyle and created a plan:

  1. Downloaded 'My Fitness Pal' onto my phone, set my calorie intake low to 1200 and started recording my food intake and exercise daily. 
  2. Started walking the 1.5 mile to my daughters school and back on an afternoon (3 mile power walk, 5 days per week), taking 20-30 minutes.
  3. Wii Fit Plus... Form Routine, Boxing, Jogging + Just Dance, 20 minutes. 
  4. Going to the Gym, Tue, Thurs & Sundays for an hour each time using, cross trainer, treadmill, bike, rowing machine and resistance training. 
  5. 3 sets of 10 sit ups, crunches, squats & lunges Daily.
  6. Downloaded Endomondo app and use this for when I am walking in the country side, up hills and out and about to record distance, speed and calories burned using GPS. 

So then this led to a great addiction in fitness, I have now got an exercise bike for my home which I sit and watch TV on in the evening, I have also started a spinning routine, which I will keep you updated. 

What I have learnt: 
  1. Do not rely on scales for weight loss when you are doing a lot of exercise, muscle weighs more than fat.  Measure yourself and take photographs, I also used my clothes to fit back into. 
  2. Do not go below 1200 calories or you will enter starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down and not loose fat, but hold onto it. 
  3. Have rest days for your body to recover. 
  4. Use creative ways to burn calories throughout your daily routine. 

My weight loss goal? Two Stone. 

I did not need to use pills,shakes, crash diets, just exercise and healthy eating alone, and once I seen the difference it was all worth it and easier to stick to. 

Things I eat? Porridge & Boiled Egg for breakfast (Energy & Protein), Pasta Salad (Small) & Grapefruit for Lunch, Fruit for snacks, Small Meal for Dinner with my children. Cups of Tea, sucker for them. 

Thank you, Be Back Soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment