The left photo is of me three weeks ago and the right one is me currently, wow. I am doing it. So three month ago I had the 'Depo Provera' injection, this choice led me to gain two stone, yes two stone in three month! Three weeks ago my clothes no longer fit, I wore black and didn't want to go anywhere, weight change can shatter self esteem and confidence in an instant. It was time I changed my lifestyle and created a plan:
- Downloaded 'My Fitness Pal' onto my phone, set my calorie intake low to 1200 and started recording my food intake and exercise daily.
- Started walking the 1.5 mile to my daughters school and back on an afternoon (3 mile power walk, 5 days per week), taking 20-30 minutes.
- Wii Fit Plus... Form Routine, Boxing, Jogging + Just Dance, 20 minutes.
- Going to the Gym, Tue, Thurs & Sundays for an hour each time using, cross trainer, treadmill, bike, rowing machine and resistance training.
- 3 sets of 10 sit ups, crunches, squats & lunges Daily.
- Downloaded Endomondo app and use this for when I am walking in the country side, up hills and out and about to record distance, speed and calories burned using GPS.
So then this led to a great addiction in fitness, I have now got an exercise bike for my home which I sit and watch TV on in the evening, I have also started a spinning routine, which I will keep you updated.
What I have learnt:
- Do not rely on scales for weight loss when you are doing a lot of exercise, muscle weighs more than fat. Measure yourself and take photographs, I also used my clothes to fit back into.
- Do not go below 1200 calories or you will enter starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down and not loose fat, but hold onto it.
- Have rest days for your body to recover.
- Use creative ways to burn calories throughout your daily routine.
My weight loss goal? Two Stone.
I did not need to use pills,shakes, crash diets, just exercise and healthy eating alone, and once I seen the difference it was all worth it and easier to stick to.
Things I eat? Porridge & Boiled Egg for breakfast (Energy & Protein), Pasta Salad (Small) & Grapefruit for Lunch, Fruit for snacks, Small Meal for Dinner with my children. Cups of Tea, sucker for them.
Thank you, Be Back Soon xxx